Masturbation Over Intercourse?

By little italy on Mar 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Why would a man prefer to masturbate all the time instead of having sexual intercourse?

Madeleine Castellanos, M.D. | Mar 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM | Reply | Report

Ease, less effort, quicker, more direct stimulation, fewer distractions, less risk of disappointment, no availability of partner, less physical exertion, no risk of rejection, 100% attention on him, bored, no judging from others, no conversation required......

Paul | Mar 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM | Reply | Report

You raise a lot of good points. Maybe I need to reconsider my preference for sex. :-)

Anna Potter | Mar 30, 2011 at 8:09 AM | Reply | Report

Seconded!

know155 | Mar 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM | Reply | Report

Good question! I have been married for 15 years and my husband would rather masturbate than have sex with me.

Joe Bibby | Apr 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM | Reply | Report

Have you let yourself go or something? I can't imagine that.

sdjddj | Apr 18, 2011 at 5:38 PM | Reply | Report

Are you serious? It's her fault because she let herself go?! My husband loves me if I'm a size 2 or a size 22. Maybe it's him that has let himself go. How shallow!!

Dr.Phil | Mar 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM | Reply | Report

I think the two main reasons men masturbate would be: availability of pleasure and control. The first part I mentioned, availability of pleasure, means that he is able to do it whenever he feels like it. Men don't experience very much availability of pleasure in a relationship because the time that a man is in the mood for sex may not be the same time a woman is in the mood. The second part, control, refers to the man being able to control what he looks at and the speed/grip of his self pleasure. With masturbation, a man is able to get pleasure by watching a variety of sexual acts with a variety of women and can throw in some of his own imagination into the mix.

Paul | Mar 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM | Reply | Report

On a more serious note...for me the sensation of having a woman touch me by far exceeds the sensation of touching myself. Given a choice between sex with a woman and masturbating I would choose the woman every time.

I have to think a man who prefers masturbation over sex does so because it requires less effort. He can concentrate fully on his own fantasies and pleasure without having to concern himself with his partner. This may be due to fears about his virility (real or perceived), negative patterns with his partner that make him decide it's not worth it, or simply laziness.

Deb51 | Mar 30, 2011 at 2:03 PM | Reply | Report

So, I guess what your saying is that it's more enjoyable to masterbate? I asked my hubby and he said there is something about intercourse that makes you feel more satisfied,and he also thinks it might even be a chemical thing. So I think if someone is in a relationship and all they want to do is masturbate....why be in a relationship? I am not going to be anyone's maid or housekeeper!

Cajun | Mar 31, 2011 at 6:37 PM | Reply | Report

Most men prefer it because it's easy and less time consuming that's asking or begging for sex! Especially if they are married! Much easier than dealing with rejection from the wife!