Good in Bed is dedicated to changing the way people learn about sex. The forums in our DISCUSS section are an integral part of our educational mission. Registered users can interact with other users, as well as Good in Bed experts.
These forums are subject to Good in Bed’s overall Terms of Service, and are also governed by the following Guidelines and Policies:
- We know it isn’t always easy to talk about sex. At Good in Bed, we embrace conversation that is empathetic, honest, respectful and tolerant.
- The purpose of these forums is to engage in constructive communication on topics related to sex and relationships, and we have no tolerance for comments that are purposefully rude, disrespectful, obscene, pornographic, confrontational or disparaging. Therefore, we reserve the right to move or remove any posting without notice or explanation at our sole discretion. Our goal is to educate not titilate; to embrace dialogue, not voyeurism.
- That said, in our role as moderators, we cannot shield all users from anything they might find offensive. Many different people are offended by many different things. We ask that everyone show tolerance for different views, life-styles and voices in our community.
- Please bear in mind that we do not commit to preserving every post. While we sometimes explain deletions, it is impossible to always do so. We strive to keep these forums streamlined, respectful and informative. So please try to refrain from off-topic, general chattiness.
- We also don't commit to removing every post that falls outside of our guidelines. If you spot postings that strike you as problematic, please use the 'report' button to bring it to our attention, or you can send an email with the URL of the post in question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not permit message board postings that advertise or publicize anything -- including good causes and non-profit events. Messages containing sales pitches and promotions will be deleted. If you are an author, blogger, doctor, therapist, educator or expert, there is a location for your blog or website information in your user profile. You may also announce your web site or blog via a "sig" beneath your posting which includes the URL of the main page of your site. But the hyping of web sites, books and other products is prohibited— signature links are a privilege, not a right. If we feel that this privilege is being abused for the purposes of self-promotion, we reserve the right to revoke the privilege at our discretion.
- Posts which link directly to blog entries without adding any useful information to the site will be removed – instead, we encourage you to copy or encapsulate your blog posts on Good in Bed so readers can read and respond within our community.
- Before posting a new question, please search through previous conversations to see if you can pick up where a previous conversation left off for relevant information. . It's also okay to start new discussions about previously-covered topics.
- In large part these forums are available to enable User-to-User interaction. Vetted information from Good in Bed experts is available in the Learn section of the site, as well as via our Catalog of premium e-Guides. Any information in the SHARE section is much more free-form and spontaneous and not subject to the same stringent editorial review.
- We encourage our experts to participate in this community, and you may find that a Good in Bed expert responds to one of your questions, or contributes to a conversation of which you are a part.
- However, we can’t promise the participation of Good in Bed experts in this community, so please don’t take it personally if an expert does not reply to one of your postings. On occasion, we will offer a deeper conversation with a specific expert, or panel of experts, which will be announced in advance.
- It’s also possible that an expert of some sort (a doctor, therapist, author, educator, etc.), who is not an official Good in Bed expert, will contribute to a conversation. You can always recognize an official Good in Bed expert by their user profile and clearly-labeled avatar. At Good in Bed, we’re actively trying to build our network of experts, so if you think you have the experience and credentials to be a Good in Bed expert, please let us know at email@example.com.
- If you're a member of the media and are gathering information for a story, please do not solicit the community, or quote from the Good in Bed community, without express permission beforehand. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you with your story, if we are able.
- Please don't ask Good in Bed users to reply to your postings via email. This is a public forum.
- If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your healthcare provider immediately.
- If you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
- In cases where you believe a person(s) has breached the guidelines of this community, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. Do not attempt to contact the person yourself and do not post derogatory comments in any public areas on the Good in Bed Site.
- Please do not enter the site if you are under 18 years of age.
- Please do not post any confidential information such as your full name, address, email address, or any other discreet or personally identifiable information that you don’t want made public. Once information has been made available via these forums, we cannot guarantee it will be removed.
- Please do not post other people’s names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or any other confidential information other than your own.
- Please do not use any public area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws.
- Please do not post material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Please do not post material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Good in Bed in its sole discretion.
- Please do not impersonate another person or entity.
- Please do not register under more than one name and/or e-mail address.
- Please do not allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Please do not post the same note more than once. In other words, no "spamming".
Good in Bed reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to our Guidelines and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication.
- Remove communications which it determines, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Guidelines
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Good in Bed Site upon any breach of any of our Guidelines and Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Good in Bed Site if the user's registration information and/or e-mail address is no longer valid.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on the Good in Bed Site, regardless of whether such communication violates these standards. Good in Bed reserves the right to take any other action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, visitors, or the public.
Good in Bed, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives make no endorsements of any particular product or treatment, makes no representations and assumes no liability relative to any content, opinions, comments, e-mail addresses, and/or computer viruses which may be transmitted in any Forum or Public Area.
If you use a Forum or Public Area on the Good in Bed Site, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Forums and Public Areas.
By submitting communications or content to the Forms or Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. You agree to allow Good in Bed and all other persons or organizations involved in the operation of the Good in Bed Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Good in Bed Site.