The Doctor is In!

24 and need some advice

By Bradtex83 on Mar 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM

I'm 24 year old male. I've had a great healthy sex life for most of the time I've had sex. I've always had hard long erections and always been able to last a pretty lengthy time in bed. Until I met my latest partner my girlfriend of over a year. I simply cant last long and find myself focusing on keeping an erection I ended up going soft or coming early. I've tried a penis pump, I've tried creams and some store bought pills. Nothing seems to work and I just can't figure it out. We've always been sexual with each other often and she understands but I can tell she's somewhat disappointed at times. I'm afraid of it ruining us and I wanna spend the rest of my life with her some and help would be appreciated thank you

2 replies

Kate McCombs, MPH | Mar 30, 2017 at 3:22 AM | Reply | Report

I can see why this would be distressing for you. Even with her understanding, I can see why you'd want more choice and control over your sexual functioning. We have a few resources about erectile unpredictability that may help you.

Here's a recent article that one of our experts wrote about how mindfulness has helped some of his clients.

Here's our e-book on premature ejaculation:

Here's our free guide to erectile dysfunction:

I hope those can give you some insight into what might be going on for you. It might also be helpful to look at what might have changed in your life in the last year separate from your relationship. Stress and other life changes can seriously impact your sexual life.

healthyfud | May 1, 2017 at 7:11 AM | Reply | Report

Hi Brad,

Kate is perfectly right on point with those steps she mentioned and you should find time to read those articles up.

Her idea of looking back at the past years to find what has changed is wonderful as this will show you what changes has occurred over the period and what changes you need to make to move forward.

I will also add that 80% percent of problem you are facing right now always relate to a state of mind either directly or indirectly. The remaining 20% can be attributed to relationship changes, personal connection and eating habit.

There are number of great foods that will help boost your life and help you stay healthy and happy too.

In conclusion, look at the past and find what has changed and find new ways of doing the same thing. Be creative and a little bit of being spontaneous won't cost a thing.

Hope this helps!

Add a Reply